EMC/EMI Training Courses
A special partnership collaboration to deliver
EMC/EMI Training Courses
CommTech teamed up with Eastronics, Rohde & Schwarz and Hermon Laboratories to collaborate in delivering EMC/EMI training courses to the Hi-Tech and the Defense Industries in Israel.
EMC/EMI Course Overview
- Inrtoduction and Principles of: Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) (led by Oren Hartal)
- EMC/EMI measurements, in time and frequency domains including spectrum analysis and Case studies (led by Dr. Shmuel Miller)
- EMC/EMI Simulation (led by David Aviram)
- Fundamentals of PCB design for Power and Signal Integrity and EMC Compliance (led by Shlomi Zigdon)
- EMC standards, the requirements that commercial and military electronic systems must meet-a comprehensive review of standards and regulations (led by Oren Hartal)
- An Introductory tour in Hermon Labs to acquire familiarity with the environment and testing methods
See the full detailed Course Syllabus
The Course will be held at Hermon Labs in Binyamina see directions
EMC/RFI and RF/Microwave Measurements
- Power measurements by several detectors (incl. peak, ave. and RMS)
- Sensitivity measurements (for QAM and Pulse signals) with averaging (using varying BV and screens averaging)
- Phase noise measurement of a frequency source
- Measurement of NF (of an amplifier and SSBNF of a mixer)
- Peak-to-Average measurement (PAPR)
- Measurement of third-order intercept point (IP3) and SFDR
- Basic calibration
- Improved calibration (suitable for reject band of filters)
- Measurement of BPF (S-parameters, Phase and delay response)
- Measurement of an Amplifier (AM/AM, AM/PM, 1dB comp., Harmonics)
- Measurement of load mismatch, and perform Single-Stub matching
- Perform a broadband calibration (de-embedding)
- EVM tests
- Measurement of I-Q imbalance and IR (image-rejection)
- BER measurement
- Measurement PAPR of a detailed-QAM-constellation
- Measurement of BW and ACPR
- Measurement of emission mask-compliance for a WCDMA signal without and with an amplifier
Microwave and RF design using Simulation software. Session conducted in a fully equipped computer class and includes practical hands on practicing
A series of thorough and broad hands-on tests accomplished with advanced state-of-the-art laboratory equipment
Spacious classroom, Well equipped, Pleasant atmosphere. Coffee and refreshments , Easy access location, Free parking
CommTech’s lecturers are not only communications professionals but also accomplished instructors, they bring unparalleled expertise and industry experience, combined with exceptional academic excellence.
This is the greatest factor distinguishing CommTech from other training companies.
Shmuel Miller Ph.D.
Mr. Michael Nikishin is an EMC and Radio group manager in Hermon Labs. He is an expert in EMC and Radio products certification and approval according to variety of national and international standards, test and measurement methodologies and international accreditation programs.
Over the years he provided lectures in multiple EMC seminars and training programs.
Michael holds an MScEE from Technical University of Moldova.
David Aviram is an expert in Electromagnetic Field & Simulations – including the areas of EMI/EMC, EMC Product Design, Numerical EM Simulations & Analysis.
David Aviram has more than 13 years of experience in the EMC/EMI fields. In 2009 he joined Elbit System Ltd-Air Division, and established the infrastructure for electromagnetic analysis capabilities.
In 2017 David joined the Israeli office of Altair as an EM application engineer.
David received his B.Sc. in physics from the Hebrew University and has extensive knowledge in Electromagnetic Environmental Effects(E^3)
Zeev Iluz Ph.D.
SDR-Software Defined Radio from Theory to Practice
Dr. Shmuel Miller
at the BMR2017 the Israeli Wireless symposium
A Software-Defined-Radio (SDR) design methodology employing Matlab/Simulink, an RF front-end (FE) and a PC is presented and demonstrated. Analog and digital modulation receiver examples are used to facilitate the flexibility and effectiveness of this approach.
Learning Management System (LMS)
Delivery of e-Learning content (including mobile), Assignments, Quizzes and Grades.
Administration, Documentation, Progress and Performance tracking, Assessment and extensive Reporting
Desktop, mobile, and tablet access
The earlier a potential EMC problem is identified, the less disruption it causes to the design process. By including EMC compliant design at an early stage, additional costly development iterations can be avoided later on.
Simulation using the CST EMC STUDIO® software package – a module of CST STUDIO SUITE® – allows problems to be identified and corrected from the start of the design process before the first prototype is even built.
A whole session of the course syllabus, is dedicated to simulation software, led by Dr. Zeev Iluz
Printed Learning Materials
he material of all lectures is provided prior to each lecture and is saved in a professional binder. Overall the course binder includes roughly 1000 slides, with extra space provided for adding written comments during the lectures.
Document Your Expertise
Our Certification confirms your enhanced technical skills. This broad comprehension of diverse RF and Microwave topics will enrich your proficiency on diverse categories, including: design, system engineering, testing, SW and HW integration and validation.
Among Our Customers:
What course participants say
“Thank you very much for the great course”
“Excellent course and the teacher was great and his methodology was excellent! The communication, presentation, knowledge, preparation and the quality of the training material was excellent.”
“בהחלט תרם לעבודתי ולרמתי המקצועית תודה מקרב לב על הקורס המעולה. נהניתי והתרגשתי מכל פגישה”
“Excellent Course. There were sufficient opportunity for interactive participation. Instructor was very knowledgeable and did a very good job of presenting the material. The handouts provided were helpful. This training is among the best trainings I have received.”
“חייב לציין שהקורס היה מדהים ומועיל בצורה בלתי רגילה, נהניתי גם מהחומר וגם מרמת ההרצאות והמרציםכמו כן הארגון היה מצוין כולל מקום, חומר מודפס, כיבוד וכו”